The Green Foundation’s resources are primarily focused on three specific areas– The Arts, Education, and Human Services – with a secondary focus on Special Projects. Preferential attention will be given to institutions exhibiting the following positive factors:
- A history of achievement, good management, and a stable financial condition.
- Significant programs with the promise of making a measurable impact.
- Programs that are self-sustaining and will not necessitate continued dependence on the Foundation.
Institutions Ineligible for Funding
- Those with net assets or fund balances of less then $100,000.
- Those seeking multi-year commitments.
- Those seeking funds for annual meetings, conferences, and/or seminars.
- Those seeking funds for religious programs.
- Those seeking funds for capital campaigns.
- Those seeking funds through direct mail campaigns.
- 'Conduit' institutions, unified funds, fiscal agents, or institutions using grant funds from donors to support other institutions or individuals.
- Private, Non-Operating Foundations.
The Foundation is focused on charitable organizations operating in the following areas: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Ventura County.
Institutions must be classified by the IRS as public charities and tax exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.